One Story is a literary magazine that contains, simply, one story. Approximately every three-four weeks, subscribers are sent One Story in the mail or on their digital devices. They are seeking unpublished stories from around the world and can be of any style and on any subject as long as they are good and “leave readers feeling satisfied and are strong enough to stand alone.”
Acceptance window: September 1st through May 31st
Payment: They pay USD$500 and 25 contributor’s copies.
Rights: First Serial North American rights. All rights will revert to the author upon publication.
- Word count: Between 3,000 and 8,000 words
- Format: PDF, RTF, and TXT files that are less than 500KB uploaded on the page.
- Include the story title and all writer contact info on the first page of the submitted file.
- Must be previously unpublished material. However, if a story has been published in print outside of North America, it will be considered. No stories previously published online will be accepted.
- Submissions online at the Submission Manager. You can also check your story’s status here.
Please read submission guidelines fully HERE.One Story 232 3rd St. #A108
Brooklyn, NY 11215 USA Email Subscriptions: HERE Seawoman’s 2 cents: Unique and GREAT paying opp for short story writers. Great way to get out a book! They do respond readily to queries. They’ve won the illustrious Pushcart Prize a few times too.